This interview is for anyone who is a change-maker, anyone who wonders why conflict resolution in our world seems stuck, anyone who has experienced trauma, or anyone who feels held back in your own process of inner shift.
Dr. Cathleen King is an expert on trauma recovery, inner healing, and how consciousness shifts create personal and collective transformation. She has the rare combination of in-depth doctoral-level education and training, over 20 years coaching others in the health field, and having gone through her own heroine’s journey of spending two decades of her life navigating debilitating illness. She speaks to transformation based on deep personal experience. In her youth she lived with poverty, family addiction and illiteracy, homelessness, and violence. In young adulthood serious illnesses kept her bed-bound for years. She is now living out her calling as an Oracle of Primal Trust to liberate others from trauma consciousness. She holds a doctorate degree in Physical Therapy with post-graduate training in orthopedic manual therapy and somatic movement and neuroscience. Her additional training has focused primarily on neuroplasticity-based healing methods and numerous brain limbic system rewiring programs. Find her at www.primaltrust.org and on Instagram at primaltrust_drcat
Hear us discuss:
- Why do humans have a hard time treating one another and Earth with loving kindness? One reason is the emotional dysregulation most of us experience because we were never taught to care for our own nervous systems. Planetary healing depends on individuals regulating their nervous systems because creative solutions emerge from serene, regulated nervous systems, not panicked ones.
- If you are having difficulty stepping into your calling, desired work, or goals, you likely have a dysregulated nervous system. Hear about ways to orient your nervous system toward stability and optimal functioning.
- If we were all self-regulated adults, able to calm our nervous systems and respond instead of react, the way we would interact with one another and society would be completely different. “Peace on Earth begins in our own nervous system.”
- How to work with neuroplasticity, brain retraining and somatics as tools for healing, personal transformation, and world transformation.
- How do we move beyond us vs. them perspectives that maintain conflict among people, and go beyond the victim consciousness that underlies that oppositional view?
- ‘Yelling at people about how wrong they are does nothing to create change…your nervous system needs to create a field of coherence to be able to have a conversation with someone with an opposing view.” We’re observing people with incoherent nervous systems yelling at one another without listening or reaching resolution. What’s needed is for people to feel safe internally in order to handle others’ different views and then look for solutions to conflict.
- Anyone who seeks to be a transformative presence in the world needs to cultivate nervous system safety.