Have you had the experience of expressing compassion and being told you’re being unrealistic or irrational? Have you expressed care for a plant or animal and been called a ‘tree hugger’ or ‘bleeding heart’? Our culture over-values intellectual judgement and under-values the compassion of our hearts, but we can shift this together. Letting our compassion be valid is crucial for healing ourselves and our planet.
In this episode, Helen Claire Harmon discusses how:
- You may need to practice re-opening your compassion if it’s often been shut down by you or others.
- The global movement honoring compassion and reverence for life is strengthening.
- Compassionate choices honor life, interdependence, and the right of each being to thrive in a sovereign way without being harmed by others.
- You can practice 3 Steps for discovering the validity of your compassion: Discerning what ignites your compassion; Acting with Compassionate Conviction; and Cultivating Reverent Relationship with yourself and other beings so you remain in compassion.
- We can change the global conversation around what counts as ‘realistic,’ ‘intelligent’ responses to the world. Your compassion is valid.